I have been involved with MUDBytes since not long after its conception. It has grown to be one of the biggest sites in the MUD community and I co-own it with Davion.
MUDBytes is a MUD code repository dedicated to offering the MUD community a free and open place to exchange snippets, release codebases, post articles, provide advice, and offer opinions.
visit this site
IMC stands for intermud connector, a way of linking MUDs together so that their users can chat. I am quite active on the IMC2 network as Kiasyn@Talon, and provide a few different services, as well as running the servers.
Talon is an easy way for people to have a look and see what IMC is all about. It provides quick easy access to IMC, without having to install it in your mud. It has a fully featured IMC client, and you can try it from within your web browser.
A C++ IMC bot with embedded Lua scripting. Provides following services:
- News reporting - monitors several RSS feeds and pushes out changes onto the IMC network
- Offline Messaging Service - can hold messages from one user to another until that user is seen to be active
- Google Search/Dictionary - offers a way of googling from within game
- Logging - Logs all the channels and provides them in a publicly accessible interface.
- Megabot also provides minigames available to play over the IMC network on the igame channel:
I have also made an IMC to IRC bridge, which is currently sitting inactive, due to lack of interest.